- White plastic eggs from Walmart
- Distilled white vinegar
- Egg dying kit- we used PAAS Color Cups
- Food coloring- optional
- Ziploc bags- optional
- Reinforcement labels- optional
- White crayon- optional
- Put the dye tablet in the cup
- Add vinegar ONLY- about 1/5 of the cup
(You can see that the vinegar is well below the halfway mark on the cup. M enjoyed watching the colored tablet and vinegar fizz.)
- Drop your egg in the cup and let it sit for awhile. Your toddler can do this part.
- After a few minutes, rotate your egg. This is another activity that your toddler can do as well.
- Take your egg out, and let it dry. Once the egg has dried, you can put it back in the cup to help add a bit more color to the egg.
- This method creates pastel colored eggs like below.
The eggs were a fun addition to our Easter Sensory Bin- check back later to see.